Re: SourceForge.net moving to Fedora Core from Debian [SourceForge.net PR-Web Upgrade Notice.]

User Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote::
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, ROBERTOJIMENOCA wrote:

SourceForge.net is moving to Fedora Core from Debian!!!
This is a huge backoff for the Debian community.
Please do something to help SourceForge.net not take this step!!!
We need to hear why they are moving to Fedora Core and what problems
need to be fixed in Debian so they don't take this way.

The reason is that the Debian fanboy who used to administer their servers
has left and and the new admin is a Red Hat fanboy.  Isn't that usually
how distro choices are decided?

Yeah, that's possible ;-)
Once, I was taking over administration of one server on my university which was running under Red Hat and the first thing I did was to reinstall Slackware on it ;-)))
So, that's the way how admins usually choose distos, isn't it.

> As long as we continue to have a good supply of Debian fanboys (and
> girls!) this doesn't mean anything for the Debian community.

...two months ago I decided to move from Slack to Debian because
of the excelent organization of the Debian project and deb packaging system. I love Slackware for its simplicity but I started getting no time for compilation of every software I wanted to use. Debian provides me with 3 releases of system (stable, testing, unstable), very well prepared & tested packages, great mailing lists and
support from Debian community everywere.

So, I'm debian fanboy now ;-)

Greets

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz (at) loskot (dot) net
Registered Linux User #220771, Debian (Sarge)