From: Justin Guerin [mailto:jguerin@cso.atmel.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:13 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: booting install cd

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 21:52, jacob wrote:
> Hello
>
> Downloaded CD image and created installation CD configuered
BIOS to boot
> from CD drive but cannot boot.
> Have no problem booting Windows Installation CD's
>
> Regards
> Jacob

Sounds like your disk is bad.  Check the md5sum of the image.
If that's
wrong, you'll need to download the image again.  If that's
right, you may
have just gotten a bad burn.  Try burning another CD.

If all else fails, the Debian homepage has links where you can
buy CD images
for basically the cost of the media (and shipping).

Justin Guerin