Re: Forms data entry software recommendations needed

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 09:46:05PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I imagine that there exists software that will bring up an image of
> the printed form on which they entered the original data, but with
> data entry possible on the computer screen at just those places that
> are filled in on the paper.

Well, you can build this using zope (package zope or the newer
zope2.7) and a database like mysql. Zope is basically a web server.
You would need to make a database to contain the info you want to know
from those surveys. Then use zope to create the necessary html forms
for interaction with the database. For instructions see the zope book,
package zope-book or on the web:

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/

specifically the chapter on relational databases:

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/RelationalDatabases.stx

> Of course such software exists, but is there free software to do this?
> And which is easiest to use by volunteers who are not computer geeks?

Setting it up this way may be difficult, depending on your skills and
your earlier experience with zope and databases. So you may want to
hear other solutions. But when it works the volunteers only need to
know how to use a web browser.

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill