Re: cgi.pm and related issues

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:01:53 -0400, Antonio Rodriguez
<arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Meaning, the difference is enough to break some of the debian
> structure? Thank you for the tip, didn't know about it.

Well, I mean if you install something through debian in stable, you
know that updates to it are security updates, and it has been tailored
to work with debian. Most of the time installing CPAN modules won't be
a trouble, but CPAN does like to upgrade itself, and sometimes even
the perl binary, which can confuse/clobber debian's perl etc. etc.
I've had this happen to myself once through confusion.

--
Jon Dowland
dowland@gmail.com