Re: cgi.pm and related issues

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:28:52 -0400, Antonio Rodriguez
<arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> I have some problems with cgi that I can't figure out. I've installed
> every package that has cgi.pm,

To see if you have CGI.pm handy in Perl's include path, execute the following

$ find `perl -e 'print "@CGI"'` -name \*.pm -print | grep -i cgi

You may want to add '|less' on the end, or drop the grep to see what
modules are handy.

> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?version=unstable&arch=i386&case=insensitive&word=cgi.pm&searchmode=searchword
> But still I get into a lot of problems.

Do you have libcgi-perl installed? I gather from your URL that you are
using unstable. You could use the debian packages to get your perl
stuff, or CPAN:

# perl -MCPAN -e 'install CGI'

perhaps. Think about which route you want before you go down that path though

> I put it in /home/tony/cgi/, and made the corresponding1
> adjustment in httpd.conf. I made it executable.
> However, this is what I get in error.log
>
> [Tue Oct 12 14:19:42 2004] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of /home/tony/cgi/try failed
> [Tue Oct 12 14:19:42 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: /home/tony/cgi/try

What lines have you added to httpd.conf (and other conf modules)
relating to the directory /home/tony/cgi ? Should it not be something
like cgi-bin, or /home/tony/public_html/cgi ? Is here a .htaccess file
in this directory, if so what is the contents?

--
Jon Dowland
dowland@gmail.com