Re: Memory usage: buffer and cache

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 12:32 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> On Friday 22 October 2004 04:53 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > No, because Linux doesn't see the CPU cache.  I'd bet my last
> > kopek that Paul is talking about:
>
> I'm not sure but what do you mean when you say "Linux doesn't see the CPU
> cache."
> On my Intel Centrino laptop the /proc/cpuinfo file does point out that the
> processor has a 2mb capacity of L2 Cache.
>
> May be I'm wrong and have misunderstood the whole thread.

Linux sees that it's *there*, but doesn't/can't do anything with
it.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"We have heard much of the phrase, ''peace and friendship.'' This
phrase, in expressing the aspiration of America, is not complete.
We should say instead, ''peace and friendship, in freedom.''
This, I think, is America's real message to the rest of the
world."
Dwight D Eisenhower