Wine still segfaulting

I previously wrote

I am running Sarge and have been very happy with the way that wine has been working (actually running winword for when I need complete compatablity). A few days ago, however, wine got updated when I did an 'apt-get upgrade' and it now segfaults with the following error in the log file:

$ cat /tmp/wine.log.sySWlj
/usr/bin/wine: line 474: 3835 Segmentation fault $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME $DASH "$@"

Does anyone know what is causing this?

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling my previous version of wine, wine-utils and libwine, but I am still getting this error. Any help would be appreciated.

I have now uninstalled and purged wine, wine-utils, wine-doc and winesetuptk again. I also removed the .wine directory from my home directory. I then reinstalled wine and ran winesetup. I am still getting the following errors:

mns:/mnt/Win98D/Office$ wine winword.exe &
[1] 2475
mns:/mnt/Win98D/Office$ Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin winword.exe ...
/usr/bin/wine: line 471: 2484 Segmentation fault $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@"
Wine failed with return code 139
/usr/bin/wine: line 604: 2480 Terminated $XMESSAGE -timeout 30 -buttons " Dismiss ":0," Never display this message again ":3 -title "Wine Launch Window" "Invoking $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME $@ ...

mns:/mnt/Win98D/Office$ wine excel.exe &
[1] 2498
mns:/mnt/Win98D/Office$ Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin excel.exe ...
/usr/bin/wine: line 471: 2507 Segmentation fault $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@"
Wine failed with return code 139
/usr/bin/wine: line 604: 2503 Terminated $XMESSAGE -timeout 30 -buttons " Dismiss ":0," Never display this message again ":3 -title "Wine Launch Window" "Invoking $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME $@ ...

mns:/mnt/Win98D/Office$ wine powerpnt.exe &
[1] 2519
mns:/mnt/Win98D/Office$ Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin powerpnt.exe ... /usr/bin/wine: line 471: 2528 Segmentation fault $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@"
Wine failed with return code 139
/usr/bin/wine: line 604: 2524 Terminated $XMESSAGE -timeout 30 -buttons " Dismiss ":0," Never display this message again ":3 -title "Wine Launch Window" "Invoking $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME $@ ...

Is this a configuration problem, or what? Does anyone know how I can get wine working, again?

Marc