A Very Strange Error Message When Installing Debian 3.0

Hi,

I am a new user of debian. Recently, I installed
debian 3.0 in my computer. However, I encounter a very
strange error.
I boot the computer with the installation CD and
follow the instruction.
When installing base component, error occurs.
The error message is like "fail to chroot /target dpkg
--force-depends --install
/var/cache/apt/archives/debconf_1.0.32_all.deb".
And then I press alt+ctrl+F4 to view the details. I
found that error occurs when configuring debconf.
Actually, perl fail to compile the file Errno.pm.
And the error message from the perl compiler is "Perl
v0.0.0 require--this is only v5.6.1".
And then I view the file Errno.pm.
The line that error occurs is "use 5.006;"
Although I am not familiar with perl, I am sure that
this is not a problem of Errno.pm.
This error make me frustrated but I don't give up and
install in my friend's computer. I can install
successfully this time! Then I move the harddisk from
my friend's computer to my computer. The system starts
properly. Unfortunately, when I install ssh by
apt-get, the error comes again when configuring ssh
with debconf.
"Perl v0.0.0 require--this is only v5.6.1".
I try to enter "perl" in bash shell
#perl
use 5.006;

No error occurs?
But I try serveral times, the same error occurs!
I doubt that this error causes by interupt or timer.
But I am not sure why this occurs.
This error seems to occur randomly in command mode.
I had tried to read the perl source code to find the
reasons. Although I can located the error message
printed in Universal.c, I don't know why it appears.

I love debian very much because it is elegant,
efficent and suit me best. I really want to enjoy it.
Can you give me suggestion and tell me why the error
occurs?
My CPU is : Althon 1000MHz
Ram : 256 + 32 MB

If you need more information, please let me know.

I am very grateful if you can reply me.
A million thanks.

Regards,
Vincent