Re: Re: where can I find lyx 1.3.5 for debian?

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:01:28 +0000, belahcene <belahcene@iap-cu.dz> wrote:
> > root@belaOffice:/usr/local/lyx-1.3.5# ./configure
> > --with-frontend=qt

> "make install" as root. yes sure but
> we need to compile , so make first, but configure failed so makefile is not
> created

You haven't done a very good job of quoting me, and you seem to have
misinterpreted what I said. You do need to run configure and make, but
you can do that as a regular user. You only need to be root for the
last stage - make install.

> For moc and moc2 normally we have the same required for lyx-1.3.3 and
> lyx-1.3.5

Didn't you install 1.3.3 from a binary? As I said - you don't need to
compilation tools and the header files to build against if you are
using a prebuilt binary. As you are building from source you DO need
them.

> I don't understand why the redhat 1.3.3 rpm was installed and not lyx-1.3.5.rpm

Different packages with different dependencies - and being binaries,
they usually depend on specific versions of their dependencies.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>