Re: Not happy with Woody's Kmail and Konqorer Web Browser

Hello

Scotty Fitzgerald (<sfitz007@bestweb.net>) wrote:
> Andreas Janssen wrote:
>> Scotty Fitzgerald (<sfitz007@bestweb.net>) wrote:
>>
>>> I was not completely happy with these two parts of the K desktop
>>> environment.
>>> [...]
>>> Konqueror because it does not support HTTPS:
>>
>> Sure? Du you maybe just need to install the kdelibs3-crypto package
>> from non-US?
>>

> Hrm, my woody distribution does not include that.
>
> But if I went out and just installed a library, could I harm my
> system? ---

The package is in the nun-US section of Woody. Make sure you have
included the non-US packages in your sources.list:

deb ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib \
non-free

Run apt-get update and apt-get install kdelibs3-crypto. Or download the
package from <http://packages.debian.org/stable/non-US/kdelibs3-crypto>

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270