Re: Wireless interface not working

Werner Otto <werner.otto@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for the scrappy info:
>
> I am running the testing version of Debian.
>
> lspci Network controller: Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless 2200BG (rev 05)
>
> as for the wireless tools, I have been searching for a source to add
> to my sources.list file to obtain the wireless tools iwconfig. Maybe
> this would be my first step.

You might want to look at the following sites for more information:
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ I have not tried this, so i do not
know how it works. the ipw2100 module works. so I assume this one
works too.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
This approach uses the windows drivers.

Both methods will require a compilation of kernel modules. You might
want to lookup kernel-package to compile kernel modules the debian
way.  apt-cache show kernel-package