Re: SSH won't let me connet says "Permission denied (publickey)."

H. S. wrote:
Apparently, _Mark Lijftogt_, on 19/10/04 00:52,typed:

Could you run the sshd with the -d option on your router ?
you might see something that the client won't give you.

I changed this line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in the laptop file:
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

Commenting it out(as shown) allowed me to connect to the laptop. Whould this matter in terms of security?

No, just make sure that your passwords are strong enough (but that goes for everything).

Mark