Re: can only ping after kernel upgrade

Justin Guerin wrote:
Hi Bernie,

Compare the config of the working kernel to the non-working kernel. Specifically, check the networking section. Also, make sure that the modules listed in the working kernel are either also loaded in the new kernel, or are built into the kernel. In case you don't know, the config for package kernels is in /boot/config<kernel version>.

If you can't figure it out, post the networking section of your new kernel config, and maybe we can help.

Justin Guerin

Thanks for the reply! I greped NET out of both configs and the only diff was the vanilla config had a CONFIG_INET_ECN_DISABLED=Y line, otherwise they were the same. There may have been more I needed to look at than that. In any case I tried 2.6.8 and I don't have the same issue, so I am going to leave it at that for now.

Thanks!
--
bernie