squirrelmail+uw-imapd broken

My last update broke my webmail
I use now squirrelmail v. 2:1.4.3a-2 (with debian testing )
and uw-imapd  7:2002edebian1-4

squirrelmail gives the folowing message :
ERROR:
Bad request: The IMAP server is reporting that plain text logins are disabled.
Using CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 authentication instead may work.
Also, the use of TLS may allow SquirrelMail to login.
Please contact your system administrator and report this error.
performing new configuration changes using
/usr/sbin/squirrelmail-reconfigure
2) Server Settings
A) update IMAP Settings etc ..

obviously, imapd refuses plain text logings
even with a /etc/c-client.cf file containing the string "I accept the risk" which used to work with older version

dpkg-reconfigure uw-imapd  has no consequences

As somebody any idea ? I know that using secured procedures woukd be better, but, I wish, in a first time, make things running as before (i.e. with authentification type : login).

--
Jean-Paul LACHARME. GREQAM UMR 6579 CNRS/EHESS/Univ. II et III
Centre de la Vieille Charité. 2 rue de la Charité.

begin:vcard
fn:Jean-Paul LACHARME
n:LACHARME;Jean-Paul
org:GREQAM
adr:2, rue de la Charite;;Centre de la Vieille Charite;MARSEILLE Cedex 2;;13236;FRANCE
email;internet:lacharme@ehess.univ-mrs.fr
tel;work:04.91.14.07.68
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1