Turning on file system attributes

I can't seem to turn on the extended attributs of my file system :-( ACL
does work, though.

I've tried two things:

 mount <device> -o user_xattr,remount

 tune2fs -o user_xattr <device>

Both of these ways work when it comes to turning on ACL... I'd really
like to have both things turned on at the same time.

Any pointers?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Found in comp.lang.scheme:
> What's so great about the lambda calculus?
In a profession plagued by, "when all you have is a hammer, everything
looks like a nail," we get really excited when someone is able to come
along and prove that everything really *is* a nail if lambda is the
hammer.
     -- brlewis@my-deja.com