Re: printer won't stop

On Friday 15 October 2004 16:41, CW Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 01:26:09AM +0100, Richard Lyons wrote:
[...]
> >   I have one box where cups won't let me change anything and I
> > cannot see what I have configured wrong.
>
> Are you a member of the SystemGroup (default lpadmin) defined in
cupsd.conf?

# grep lpadmin /etc/group
lpadmin:x:102:richard

so, yes.  But it wont let me change anything, either as me or as root.
I've resorted to vim -- editing the contents of /etc/cups/ -- as the
only form of control on that box.  It is not too bad for printers.conf
and cupsd.conf, but I hate having to copy and hand-edit the ppd files.

--
richard