mozilla-firefox 0.9.3-6 crash

Greetings,

I have been experiencing inexplicable, apparently random crashes of
mozilla-firefox.  At first I believed it to be a javascript issue, but
having turned javascript off, I still get the crashes.

I'm running unstable, fluxbox wm, nvidia driver.

I receive this on the crash:

The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 30 error_code 172 request_code 149 minor_code 2)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

Running it with --sync yields an immediate seg fault:

fbhjr@achilles:~$ /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin --sync
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Running gdb on the core shows many symbols being loaded, and then:

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components/libnsappshell.so
#0  0x4118a780 in raise () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

<end>

In gdb (running with --sync):

[Switching to Thread 1075354752 (LWP 5139)]
0x40497276 in ?? () from
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components/libnsappshell.so

Backtrace:

#0  0x40497276 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components/libnsappshell.so
#1  0x080d0710 in ?? ()
#2  0x080b5780 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#4  0x401031b5 in nsComponentManagerImpl::~nsComponentManagerImpl ()
   from /usr/lib/libxpcom.so
#5  0x0804ed06 in ScopedXPCOMStartup::SetWindowCreator ()
#6  0x080510be in xre_main ()
#7  0x0804c803 in main ()

I wanted to ask here first for some advice/clue before perhaps posting this
as a bug.

Do I need to rebuild this with debugging symbols, as I presume it is
stripped?   I am a complete neophyte when it comes to debugging.

As I said above, the behavior is erratic, unpredictable.  Certain sites
work fine, while on others it crashes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Fred Henry, Jr.