Re: mozilla-firefox 0.9.3-6 crash

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:36:19 -0500, Frederick B. Henry Jr. wrote:

> I have been experiencing inexplicable, apparently random crashes of
> mozilla-firefox.

This URL crashes Firefox 0.9.3.6 for me:

  http://pclinuxonline.com/

The previous version didn't.

> At first I believed it to be a javascript issue, but
> having turned javascript off, I still get the crashes.

My crash happens with and without Javascript.

> I'm running unstable, fluxbox wm, nvidia driver.

Unstable here too, with Sawfish under GNOME, Matrox G400.

> [useful debugging information]
>
> fbhjr@achilles:~$ /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin --sync
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

19:24:38 julesd:~ $ mozilla-firefox --sync
Error: No running window found
auto selected locale: en-US
Segmentation fault

> Do I need to rebuild this with debugging symbols, as I presume it is
> stripped?   I am a complete neophyte when it comes to debugging.

I'm running the Debian 0.9.3.6 package.

> As I said above, the behavior is erratic, unpredictable.  Certain sites
> work fine, while on others it crashes.

I find the same thing here, except on some sites disabling Javascript
allows the page to load properly.