Re: Firefox 'stretched' printing

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 13:15 +0100, chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk wrote:
> For what it's worth, the answer to the stretched printing appears to
> be Xprint's default postscript resolution. It's 600x600 and for me,
> when I reduced it back to the more normal 300x300 the printing problems
> disappeared.
>
> Oh, the file (debian "sarge") is /etc/Xprint/C/print/attributes/document,
> and you need to look for "default-printer-resolution" and change the 600
> to 300.

Also FWIW, this is a problem with the with many printing drivers period.
For some reason the printer won't switch to 600x600 and prints the
600x600 resolution at 300x300.

I am not sure I really care to file a bug on it, but maybe someone will.
300x300 WFM (Works For Me).

600x600 and even 1200x1200 does work on some things like an hp9000dn
printer using the cups drivers and the gimp-print ones too.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux