Re: power-button >> poweroff

Tim Ruehsen wrote:
You should have ACPI enabled in BIOS and install the packages 'acpid' and 'acpi'. If everything is working correctly, the acpi daemon gets an event, if you press the button. You can configure the wanted behaviour (e.g. calling 'poweroff'). If it doesn't work, try APM (install package 'apmd' and uninstall ACPI stuff). Warning: It looks like several motherboard/BIOS combinations do not work correctly (just google a bit). E.g., my BIOS allows activation of ACPI, but there is not possibility to switch if OFF again... This is bad, since my integrated LAN adapter turns off with 'poweroff' but not ON again on restart. I have to unplug the powercable to activate it again (ok, now I have a powerswitch - it avoids unnessecary power consumption anyway).

Thanks, I've just found out that a kernel option acpi=force did the trick. Should have read entire dmesg :)

/Rune