Re: Missing ttys with udev

Hi,

* Ritesh Raj Sarraf <riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net> [041015 19:24]:

> On Friday 15 October 2004 03:11 pm, Nick Hastings wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I recently switched from devfs to udev. Everything is fine except that I
> > now have no virtual consoles, only X.
> >
> > The device /dev/tty exists as do /dev/vc/tty/*, but there are no
> > symbolic links like /dev/tty0 -> vc/0.
> >
> you'll have to create symlinks yourself.

I doubt this, since I have two other machines running udev, with the
exact same default configuration: but with ttys.

> Look in the /etc/udev directory. It's well documented.
>
> > Does anyone know what's going on here?
> >
> > I run a home made 2.6.8 kernel, I guess I must have left out a
> > config option that I need. Problem is I don't know which one.
> > I google and looked at my config, but can't work it out.
> >
> I don't think that to be the reason. I too had same problem and tackling a
> little bit with udev did the work

Ok, I'll have a play. I guess you are referring to the tty lines in
/etc/udev/compat.rules. Currently these lines are commented out. At
first I thought this was the reason... but as I mentioned my other
machines with udev appear to have the same configuration without the
missing tty problems.

Thanks for the input,

Nick.

--
Debian 3.1
Linux twofish 2.6.8-looxt93c4 i686 GNU/Linux