Re: x server configuration problems

Hi,

* Sebastien Venot <Sebastien.Venot@Students.Turkuamk.fi> [041015 18:34]:
> Hello everyone,
>
> i m new to Debian. I managed more or less to install debian successfully.
> My problem is that i cannot change the resolution of my screen.it keeps the
> size 800x600.
> i would like to use the resolution 1027x768.
> I configured many times the x server using the command:
> dpkg-reconfigure  xserver-xfree86

Make sure that you have `discover' installed (apt-get install
discover) then try and reconfigure the server again with low priority.

dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xfree86

> i also tried to change the config file.
> My monitor is a Nokia 500Xa.
> In each configuration, i only enabled 1024x768 and removed all other modes.
>
> the resolution is still 800x600.
>
> What is the problem?

Try the above, and if it doesn't help, report back to the list with
details including:

- the version of Debian you are installing
- your video card

> Who has a perfect X server configuration for me??

Depends on the above.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian 3.1
Linux twofish 2.6.8-looxt93c4 i686 GNU/Linux