Re: x server configuration problems

> i m new to Debian. I managed more or less to install debian successfully.
> My problem is that i cannot change the resolution of my screen.it keeps the
> size 800x600.
> i would like to use the resolution 1027x768.
> I configured many times the x server using the command:
> dpkg-reconfigure  xserver-xfree86
> i also tried to change the config file.
> My monitor is a Nokia 500Xa.
> In each configuration, i only enabled 1024x768 and removed all other modes.
>
> the resolution is still 800x600.
>
> What is the problem?

Can you post the relevent section (Display/Screen) of the config
file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (don't post it *all* because the
fonts/mouse/keyboard/etc are not relevent.)

Also post the output from running:

	X > logfile 2>&1 &
	sleep 10
	killall X
	cat logfile

(There should be lots of '(II)' and '(WW)' lines.)

What happens if when you run X, you press CTRL-ALT-NUMBERPADPLUS ? This
should cycle through available graphics modes.

HTH ..

Alexis