RE: Sarge with lilo?

Hello

Preston Boyington (<PBoyington@polyengineering.com>) wrote:

> [Sarge does not boot after installing]
> It happens when Grub starts to boot my system.  I see the following:
>
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /boot/vmlinz-2.6.8-1-386 root=/dev/hda1 ro
> initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.8-1-386
> savedefault
> boot

Maybe it is some kernel problem. Try some parameters like acpi=off, or
noapic. Press "e" to go to edit mode, select the kernel line, press e
again, and append acpi=off noapic nodma apm=off. Press b. Maybe install
using the linux24 option, using kernel 2.4 during installation.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976