Re: Cups black printing blue

Greg Folkert wrote:
On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 19:19 +0100, robin wrote:

Only thing that has changed on my system is the addition of open-office
via apt about a week ago but I cannot say the problem coincides with that.

I had this once. My hp855C was printing a very Dark Blue Black as well
as cyan, magenta and yellow.

Even all black was Dark Blue. It was the cartridge. Some how the ink was
not mixed properly and had sort of separated. Giving me *VERY* black ink
for a while, then once day while printing my Daughters report for
school... it started to print this Blue.

I changed the Black cartridge and within seconds I could see black
letters being printed.

You of course also realize 99% of Black inkjet cartridges, actually have
*REALLY REALLY* dark blue in them.

Print a BLACK test block, then carefully wash it out in cold water
"sifting"... Blue is the color that comes out.

Thanks but I don't think this applies in this instant as when I run escputil -n (nozzle check) black is black. Also the blue is "this colour"

Cheers
Robin