Re: GTK 1.2 fonts not recognized after in GNOME

> > Rohan Deshpande wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have been using Gnome2 lately, and I've noticed that any font
> > > changes I make or theme changes to .gtkrc are completely ignored.
> > > However, when I start x in something other than gnome that does not
> > > load the control-center, gtk 1.2 fonts work when I use
> > > gtk-theme-switch.  So, it must be something that gnome2 is doing to
> > > override any changes i make to gtk1.2 stuff.  any ideas? thanks!

Hi,

not sure if this may help you, but when I tried to change the theme for
gnome 1.2 apps with gtk-theme-switch it just wrote into .gtkrc. This was
ignored when in Gnome 2.x. I had to copy the lines changed with
gtk-theme-switch from .gtkrc into .gtkrc-1.2-gnome2 if I remember
correctly.

Regards
Pascal