Cups black printing blue

Hello,

Has anybody else come across this problem; text now prints blue instead of black, including the cups print test page

Kernel version: 2.4.25-k7
Device               /dev/usb/lp0
Cups: ii cupsys 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server ii cupsys-bsd 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman ii cupsys-client 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro ii cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-7 Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS ii cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-7 Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS

Printer             epson c70 (individual ink tanks)
Ink levels         all over 50%

Action so far: Checked logs - no error messages
                     Shutdown printer and removed power lead for 30 secs
                     Run /etc/init.d/cupsys stop and start
                     Full reboot.

Only thing that has changed on my system is the addition of open-office via apt about a week ago but I cannot say the problem coincides with that.

Thanks

Robin