Re: Move Kernel to RAM

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 16:30 +0200, pir aa wrote:
> Hi again,
> I would like to have my system (Linux kernel 2.4) moved to ram, after/before
> booting and stay it there (do everything from there).
> I have read I might need chroot, but no other information. Does anyone know,
> where I could find some more info about this?

What exactly are your trying to do?

The kernel loads *INTO* memory. You want your entire filesystem(s) to be
loaded into memory as well?

It is always loaded in memory. You need to explain yourself better and
ask better questions.
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux