Re: CUPS to USB printing no longer working

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 09:24:38AM +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> Sorry, i should have checked if the USB printer module name was
> changed (that name is valid for kernels 2.6.x). You probably don't
> need to change a working system, but IMHO maybe you should install a
> "proper" Woody kernel, your is a "boot floppy" variant. =)
>
> Anyway, your printer was working and the error message made me think
> you only need to load the proper USB kernel module for the printer, so
> look if you can find "usbpr" (should be called like this on 2.4.x)
> module name and if not loaded try to manually load it and then restart
> CUPS...
>

> Andrea

I think the module is called "printer" (2.4.26 kernel).  If not, that
might explain why I haven't been able to getting printing to work via
USB.  But I don't seem to be getting as far as the original poster;
there's never any successful communication with the printer.