Re: SCP problem

I figured the problem out. I had bashrc execute 'date', whenever i opened a new shell, somehow scp woud read the bashrc, execute date and quite. not sure why it didn't copy.

-JSS

Nate Duehr wrote:
Jule Slootbeek wrote:

Yes, there is enough space, all the other users i talk to have no problem scp'ing. I even rm -r'ed my .ssh dir. but nothing change.

Are you running into a problem with using the wrong version of ssh -- protocol 1 or 2?

What's the story about not making anything called test?

It's a shell built-in. You could cause yourself all sorts of interesting grief if the shell misinterprets your commands with "test" in them.

Have you tried watching the output of scp with the -v switch option added to your command line?

Most times when I have ssh or scp problems and use -v, the problem becomes glaringly obvious. A missing cipher type, wrong protocol version, server that won't allow a particular authentication type -- etc.

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com

--
Jule Slootbeek