Re: Switching between two network cards

Steven Jones wrote:

I dont quite understand why you need to switch, you could just run everything off eth1, but anyway,

I don't need to switch. It's just that it's not doing what I think it should do and I want to know why.

I would suggest looking in your bios and either disabling the onboard NIC, or changing the PCI probe order eg if its says first-last change it to last-first or what ever syntax your bios uses.

However Its most likely that the onboard can simply be disabled in the bios.

I don't want to disable the onboard card. I have two different NICs in my computer using two different drivers and I want to load only _one_ of the drivers at a time and be able to switch among them:

load driver A (on startup)
... work
unload A, load B
... work
unload B, load A
... work

and so on. Again I have to mention it's rather an academic question - I don't really need it, I just want to know why it's not doing what I supposed it would do.

Best regards,
Andrei

--
andrei.badea@movzx.net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547