Kernel Upgrade - ...does not match kernel data

Hi there, i have just apt-get upgraded my kernel. I am running woody on a dual AMD athlon box and using 2.4.26-1-k7-smp via a backport... I have two questions/issues if someone could shed some light for me please:

1). I have gone thru the upgrade and am now getting a message:

server:/boot# ps
{mca_find_unused_adapter} {mca_read_stored_pos}
Warning: /boot/System.map-2.4.26-1-k7-smp does not match kernel data.

Can someone please explain the issue here to me? I have upgraded the kernel in the past, checked/edited lilo.conf and run lilo and everything ran smoothly on a reboot. Is this just an case of doing a reboot? (It is a remote box - and im just a little concerned...)

2). I have noticed that there is a kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 available as well - should i be on that??

Thanks

Simon