Re: Transport debian woody from laptop to PC

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004, s. keeling wrote:

> Incoming from Oliver Fuchs:
> >
> > I cannot use my ppp configuration anymor - trying to pon my provider gives
> > me alway: chat alarm, chat Failed, pppd Connect script failed.
>
> In /etc/ppp/peers/provider is the line:
>
>   connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"
>
> Stick a "-v" in after /usr/sbin/chat, try to connect, then see what's
> in the /var/log/messages file.  Maybe you just need to change the
> ttySn device in that file.  Or, just fiddle with "pppconfig"

Hi,
yes it is always the same ... I changed the chatscript to:

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -V -t 240 -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

The timeout parameters were wrong. Silly mistake!
But as you see ... everything now is perfect.

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit