Re: SCP problem

Incoming from Jule Slootbeek:

> 	I have a problem scp'ing to and from my school's computer science
> department server. When i try to scp something all i get is the
> timestamp. I'm not sure if the problem lies on my side or on they're and
> [snip]
> jule@dolphy:~$ scp -r -v
> jslootbeek@babbage.clarku.edu:~/classes/cs215/projects classes/cs215

"-r" is "Recursively copy entire directories."

Are you sure ~/classes/cs215/projects exists?  Is it a directory?
Does ./cs215/projects exist?

What happens when you try to scp a single file?  I usually tar up the
whole dir structure and scp the archive.  Try that.  At least it'll
tell you whether scp works at all.  If it does, then your syntax above
is incorrect.

On babbage:

  mkdir ~/archive
  tar czf ~/archive/projects.tgz ~classes/cs215/projects

Then "scp jslootbeek@babbage.clarku.edu:~/archive/projects.tgz ."

- -