Re: Good tool for light photo editing?

"Michael D. Crawford" <crawford@goingware.com> writes:

> You know, I think the Gimp may be a little heavyweight for what the original
> poster was looking to do.
>
> Learning to use it for a beginner might be intimidating.

I disagree.  Start gimp.  Click the rotate tool.  Save the file.  Very easy.

It only gets complicated when you get into the fun stuff!

> Are there any imaging apps that only do the basic stuff like rotation,
> cropping, and scaling, and are very easy to use?  There must be something.
>
> It would also be nice to have something that can work systematically on a
> whole directory full of images, rather than having to go to the file browser
> to open and save each one.

However, Gimp workflow management would be harder.

> I've got much the same problem.  I have several Photo CDs and Picture CDs
> with hundreds of images on them, many of which I'd like to put on my
> website.

album.pl

I like it, though I've outgrown it and will probably put together something
just a tiny bit more powerful this winter.

Specifically, you probably want to start by running this in the root of your
photos to be displayed hierarchy...

album.pl -medium 800x600

rw2