Re: Software RAID 0 and linux 2.6.8.1

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:53:39 +0200, Niels <nls404@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to buy a Promise Fasttrack TX2 plus RAID 0 controller with two
> SATA hard disks. The controller is a software controller. I want no
> other hard disks than these two in my PC. Can I boot of this setup with
> the 2.6 kernel? Is it possible to put Windows XP and Debian Linux on the
> same RAID 0 array? Is it difficult to install?

You're better off using software raid rather than buying that
controller. If you really want hardware RAID controllers I would
suggest "true hardware RAID" controllers such as the 3ware Escalade
8xxx/9xxx.

[Disclaimer: I don't work for 3ware, and the Escalade is a bit expensive]

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@gmail.com