Woody or Sarge

I need to build some servers that are hopefully going to be in service for
a long time. Most distributions I have been looking at have short support
cycles, where in the very near future a significant upgrade/rebuild is
required rather than just security fixes. Another solution would be to go
with a commercial Enterprise Linux (RedHat or Suse) offering. However, the
annual cost of those is prohibitive in some circumstances.

The stable Debian release appear to be around for a very long time, which
is exactly what I am looking for. But my question now is with Sarge on the
horizon, how long can I expect to see security fixes for Woody? One year,
two years, five years? What about Sarge?

Adi