Re: Software RAID 0 and linux 184.108.40.206
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Niels wrote:
> I want to buy a Promise Fasttrack TX2 plus RAID 0 controller with two
> SATA hard disks. The controller is a software controller. I want no
> other hard disks than these two in my PC. Can I boot of this setup with
> the 2.6 kernel?
> Is it possible to put Windows XP and Debian Linux on the
> same RAID 0 array?
> Is it difficult to install?
-- trick is to install windoze on the 1st partition so it thinks its C:
--- bigger problem ...
- why use 2 disks in raid0 ( aks stripping ) which might allow you to read
faster but also makes 2 disks look like 1 bigger disk
- if one disk dies... both disk are useless
- i think you want to use (sw or hw ) raid1 ( mirror )
- if one disk dies ... all your data is still intact on the other
- gazillion raid howtos urls