Re: Using mplayer save RealMedia audio in a sensible format?

Op do 30-09-2004, om 22:01 schreef Adam Funk:

> I'm still curious, however.  Why does mplayer record to a RealAudio
> file, which is not a useful format?

Because the -dumpstream option just writes to disk what it gets from the
network? I think it just doesn't do any conversion at all. Which is fine
by me, because I like to store RealAudio and RealVideo streams in their
native formats: they're smaller than almost anything else and readily
usable with mplayer. Great for having an archive of radio shows for
example.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Olav.