Re: Idea

remy harel wrote:

  I would be happy to help, but there are to many
questions in one lists, and overall questions which
answers are in the documentations on debian.org. So I
thought that spliting the lists would have been a good
idea but it seems that some users disagrees. Moreover,
debian list is already splitted in many lists, such as
kernel list, user list, etc... And, as I already said,
you can check question and suscribe to all lists,
everyone could answer and read every list.

If you think this is bad, try the SuSE mailing list.

Volume is much higher,
average IQ of content is much lower.
Noise level is higher.

But I guess that's what you get for a user mailing list that doesn't have any of the maintainers subscribed to it. A collection of newbs taking their best guess occassionally interspersed with someone who actually knows that they are talking about.

The volume of emails on SuSE is much higher and much simpler questions.