Re: Can only print one document

> I am currently running a 2.6.4 kernel on the box with the HP 3330
> (connected over usb), but I don't recall any differences with kernel

> > "lpr file.ps" it prints fine and the queues are empty.  If I run "lpr
> > file.ps" again the printer says "Printing Document" but nothing happens.

> Sounds similar to a problem I had/have.  Mine would eventually print a
> timeout error from the PS engine in the printer (don't recall the exact

Just to throw this out...  I've had similar problems out of a completely
unrelated USB printer.  First print is fine, then for some random reason,
every subsequent attempt to print results in the document sitting in the
queue forever.  Upon investigation, I find CUPS has disabled the printer
because of a communications problem.  It seems to be some kind of USB
problem.

My solution to this was to cook up a script to restart hotplug then CUPS.
That almost always gets it going again.

Sorry if this was a completely worthless suggestion.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/