udev and /dev/video1394

I've installed udev, and I want /dev/raw1394 and /dev/video1394 to be
available as user to use my DV camcorder with gnomemeeting.

I have the lines

M raw1394 c 171 0
M video1394 c 172 0

in my /etc/udev/links.conf, which puts the entries in /dev. Permissions
are root only.

I've tried putting these entries

video1394:root:video:0666
raw1394:root:root:0666

in /etc/udev/permissions.d/udev.permissions, but it doesn't set them as
I intended.

I can get everything working by doing a chmod 666 to them, but if I can
get the permissions set correctly from the config/permission files, I
shouldn't have to.

Suggestions?