Re: mozilla-thunderbird and clamav

Andrea Vettorello wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:00:44 +0700, Mailing List
<deb_milist@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
Since I'm just a desktop user, even been using debian for almost 6
months, I've still got several
basic questions to ask.
I've been googling for these, but got no luck...so I'm asking you guys
to help me out.
I'm using sid with 2.4.27 stock kernel .

1. I've been using thunderbird for my e-mail client. Everyday I get
several e-mails that clearly
   contain viruses. But it seems that clamav doesn't do anything about
it. ( yes, it is windblows
   viruses and causing no harm for my deb ). So, what should I do to
make clamav does his jobs
    for that ?
2. Enabling hyperthreading in debian ? It sounds like a very trivial
question, so a good link might
   be enough to open up my brain.

About clamav don't know, try to update the virus signs, to enable
hyperthreading i think you need to install a kernel with SMP enabled.

Andrea

- I've got freschclam for clamav updating purpose and running it as daemon while
 this box is always connected to the internet.
- In other word, I should apt-get install kernel-image-smp ?

cheers,

---me---