Re: mozilla-thunderbird and clamav

On 22:00 Mon 27 Sep     , Mailing List wrote:
#  Since I'm just a desktop user, even been using debian for almost 6
#  months, I've still got several
#  basic questions to ask.
#  I've been googling for these, but got no luck...so I'm asking you guys
#  to help me out.
#  I'm using sid with 2.4.27 stock kernel .
#
#  1. I've been using thunderbird for my e-mail client. Everyday I get
#  several e-mails that clearly contain viruses. But it seems that
#  clamav doesn't do anything about it. ( yes, it is windblows
#     viruses and causing no harm for my deb ). So, what should I do to
#  make clamav does his jobs
#      for that ?

Your so called viruses are just rubbish mails for Linux box. Let them
be, or set some filter rule to drop them.

#  2. Enabling hyperthreading in debian ? It sounds like a very trivial
#  question, so a good link might be enough to open up my brain.

#
#  Thanks...
#
#