Re: smbfs causing kernel hang

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 08:30:01AM +0100, rich lott wrote:
> Hi

[...]
> I'm using debian Sarge, Samba 3.0.6-3, Kernel 2.6.8
>
> I use smbmount //server/share mymountpt -oguest which connects fine, but it
> all dies (hangs) if I try to look in that mounted directory with konqueror in
> kde OR nautillus in gnome.
>
> In dmesg of the server computer I get:
>
> smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-512, breaking

Not sure if this is your problem, but a quick google I did showed a
2.6.8-rc1 kernel change log entry:
  o int return to unsigned in smb_proc_readdir_long() in
    fs/smbfs/proc.c

Maybe you are experiencing a kernel bug?

HTH

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.