Re: VIA sound problem

> If I start arts with alsa support the only thing I get is sound
> gibberish (the testsound starts, the first 0.25 second are played and
> repeatet for about 20 seconds and then it advances to the necht 0.5
> seconds).
> I thought compiling and running sendmail was the real test for an admin...

OK, I've had a look at that box.  It's running ALSA.  The kernel is a 2.4.26 I
patched up for Wacom graphic tablet stuff and compiled a few months ago.  She
runs noatun and XMMS on it, and those are the only players I know for sure
work.

She does *not* run arts.  (Sound in kbattleship is not worth all the hassle of
trying to get that stupid thing to coexist with the rest of the world.)

That's what I know is possible with this VIA thing.  Anything else you get out
of it is between you and your computer.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/