GNOME Volume Manager / HAL issues

Hi,

Since a recent update of hal and or GNOME Volume manager two of my disk partitions get mounted automatically and show up on the desktop. Both these partitions I added to fstab with a noauto option so that they normally didn't get mounted. I'd prefer gnome volume manager not to mount these two drives automatically. Anybody knows how I can get that done.

Question number 2. HAL can automatically update /etc/fstab but I can't find out how I can this to work.

Jaap

BTW I'm running a totally uptodate Debian sid