FC HBA on Debian

We currently use Emulex LP1050 cards(under windows). I didn't have any luck
getting the binary drivers they provide for RHE working under Debian. Didn't
find any info via google on using the emulex cards with debian.
Was wondering if anyone had luck getting the Emulex cards to work under
debian.

I'm looking into get the Qlogic FC HBA QLA2340 as a replacement for the
debian boxes.
http://www.qlogic.com/support/product_resources.asp?id=253

I'm leaning towards purchasing the Qlogic QLA2340, as qlogic has gpld its
drivers.
Any recommendations for a different FC HBA or feedback on the QLogic cards
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith.