Re: partition/grub errors w/sarge iso (solved)

Russel Hill wrote:
Rob Benton wrote:

Yeah I've got a Seagate Barracuda 40 GB. I think the next thing I'll try is using cfdisk to create my partitions and then just use the sarge iso for installing. I'll report back later.

Any luck/news so far?

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.key.net/disclaimer.htm

Yes, sorry I have written back yet. It wasn't a disk error. It was a grub issue. The grub from stable has no problem w/my HD but the one from sarge (0.95cvs...) does. I had to change the "install" command that "setup (hd1,0)" was using to get it working. Here's what I used:

grub> root (hd1,0)
grub> install /boot/grub/stage1 d (hd1,0) /boot/grub/stage2 p /boot/grub/menu.lst

I had to add the "d" option b/c I think it was not locating my HD on boot. I hope that helps.