Lesstif over VNC a problem?

Hi group,

Needing a quick but decent plotting program while at work, I used VNC to
tunnel back home (server running woody). Problem: xmgrace wouldn't show
me any menus or dialogs at all. That is, every letter was replaced by a
box. Unfortunately, I can't read boxes, certainly not when they all look
the same.

Looking at the dependencies, I tried other programs with the same
dependencies to figure out if it was a library problem or an xmgrace
problem. I tried nedit and plan, which also depend on lesstif1, and they
show me the same. Other programs I tried (not depending on lesstif1)
work fine, though.

I further tried to tunnel from my server to my laptop (at home) running
sid, but xmgrace still shows me boxes and it depends on lesstif2.

Any ideas?

Thanks, David

Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!